Throwdown Esports has confirmed that its next season of Rocket League will see a AUD $100,000 (~£56,000) prize pool – the largest seen in Australia to date.After a successful 2017, Throwdown Esports, in partnership with Psyonix will be rolling out the “largest regional program for Rocket Leauge in 2018”. The action will get underway at the start of next month when the “OCE Open Series” gets underway in which eight semi-pro and pro teams battle it out for their share of $15,000. The OCE Championship will begin on 4th March with the top two qualifying teams going on to represent Oceania at the Rocket League World Championship in the US, and participate in the massive US$500,000 prize pool tournament – the flagship of Rocket League competition. “The Oceania region has seen substantial growth in 2017…” says Isaac Husain, Throwdown Esports’ Senior Product Manager “and we are looking to take that to the next level in 2018 with our three leagues by focusing on establishing the biggest grass roots program in the region and providing players with a pathway to the world stage.”Last year Throwdown Esports and Rocket League in Oceania achieved with over one million views on Twitch and has garnered support across previous seasons from the likes of St George Bank and McDonald’s.Views for Rocket League in 2017 topped 1.29m – the Season 4 finals culminated at PAX Melbourne with 2,500 live attendees. Chief Esport club took home the OCE title booking their place at RLCS World Championship in the process.Esports Insider says: Love a bit of Rocket League and it’s great to see that Throwdown are making it work. The scene is clearly growing and they’re supporting it throughout. Ultimately, the goal for any Rocket League player is the RLCS and this provides OCE players with a great opportunity.
FOREST CITY — A boil order is in effect for the City of Forest City. The order went into effect at about 2:15 this morning due to loss of pressure in the water system caused by a water main break, which city officials have isolated.Residents are being told to boil water for cooking, drinking, and teeth brushing until further notice, and to conserve water whenever possible.
0Shares0000Danilo joined Real Madrid from Porto in 2015, but started just 17 league games for the European champions last season © AFP/FileLONDON, United Kingdom, Jul 23 – Real Madrid right-back Danilo completed his move to Manchester City on Sunday, the Brazilian joining Pep Guardiola’s Premier League giants on a five-year contract.The 26-year-old will now link up with City on their pre-season tour of the United States after agreeing personal terms and passing his medical. “There has been strong interest from other clubs, but it has always been my ambition to play for Pep Guardiola,” Danilo told his new club’s official website.“As soon as I heard of his interest, I knew immediately I wanted to be a City player,” he added.His departure from the European champions had been confirmed by Real boss Zinedine Zidane on Saturday on the eve of his team’s meeting with Manchester United in California.According to the BBC he moves to Manchester on a £26.5 million (29.5 million euros) deal.Guardiola had made full-backs his top transfer priority in the close season having released Pablo Zabaleta, Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna.Danilo links up with City’s new recruit Kyle Walker, the Tottenham defender who signed a five-year contract for a fee that could rise with add-ons to £54 million (61m euros) this month.Danilo, who joined European champions Real in 2015 from Porto, started just 17 Spanish league games last season with Dani Carvajal often preferred in the right-back role.The Spanish international started ahead of Danilo in the Champions League final in Cardiff as Real Madrid beat Juventus 4-1 to lift their 12th European Cup.Real are due to face City in Los Angeles next week.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)