Donegal rents continue to tumble Pinterest Previous articleTwo men arrested following police officer’s death in DerryNext articleTwo men charged over death of policewoman in Derry News Highland Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter WhatsApp WhatsApp Rents in Donegal have fallen once again according to the latest Daft.ie Rental Report.The average rent nationwide in the final quarter of 2012 was €808, compared to €790 in late 2011 – that is a rise 2.2% during 2012, representing the first annual rise in rents since 2007.The increase in rents is being driven by Ireland’s largest cities while the number of properties available to rent nationwide is also at its lowest since mid-2008.Rents in the three Ulster counties (in the Republic) fell by 2.8% in 2012, compared to a fall of 2.3% a year previously. In Donegal, rents were 2.7% lower on average in the final quarter of 2012 than a year previously.The average advertised rent is now €503, a fall of 22% from the peak in 2007. Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published By News Highland – February 11, 2013 Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also Google+ Twitter Google+ Pinterest Facebook Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week News
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Officials at a press conference discussing the Guin Buy Back Program. (Photo credit; Nassau County)Nassau County will hold another Gun Buy Back Program in Uniondale Saturday as part of its strategy to get guns off the street, officials said.Residents who want to exchange their firearms for cash can do so at Bishop R.W. Harris’ Grace Cathedral Church at 944 Jerusalem Avenue from 9 a.m. to noon, officials said.Individuals will be paid $100 for every operable rifle, $200 for each operable handgun and $400 for each operable assault rifle, the county said. Licensed guns, BB guns, air pistols and replicas are not accepted.“Crime doesn’t pay, but turning in a gun to this community-based buy-back event at Grace Cathedral Church does,” said Nassau County District Attorney Rice. “This program is safe and anonymous for anyone who wants to help make our communities safer and stop crimes before they happen, while earning some cash in the process.”“By working together, we can ensure that Nassau County remains the safest suburban County in the nation,” added Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano.The program, which uses asset forfeiture funds from Nassau police and the district attorney’s office, has already taken nearly 3,000 guns off the streets, officials said.
Audio Player00:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.Newstalk ZB 1 July 2020The Justice Minister isn’t happy about an international organisation getting involved in our cannabis referendum here(right is the speaking lineup for a conference held in Parliament Buildings by the Drug Foundation – Andrew Little along with 2 speakers from… the US (2019))The group called Smart Approaches to Marijuana, or SAM, is fighting legal cannabis in the US, and has set up a branch here.Bob McCoskrie from Family First said they’ve been drawing on SAM’s experience.. but haven’t taken any money.“We haven’t received one cent from SAM. We won’t received one cent from SAM.”He says that they want their information and insight as SAM are fighting against legislation in many US states.Justice Minister Andrew Little told Heather du Plessis-Allan that we don’t want the influence of big American corporations.“This is a debate for New Zealanders so they can make a decision about what they want to do about the future of cannabis.”He says that it is similar to how the NRA attempted to infiltrate the debate on gun legislation.Little says that we don’t need or want the American style influence of over the campaign.“What I think looks dodgy is, even if it is a New Zealand organisation, calling on a big American organisation to provide their messaging and resourcing.”
11 October 2006The French Development Agency (AFD) is to contribute a loan of between R60- and R70-million to the eThekwini (Durban) Municipality for a project to generate electricity through the fermentation of household waste.The project is expected to generate up to 10 Megawatts of electricity – enough to illuminate about 9 000 homes – from landfill sites at the three Durban suburbs of Bisasar Road, Mariannhill and La Mercy.Gas recovery wells and generators are currently under construction at the three sites, where methane released by the waste will be converted into electric power by generators and fed directly into the city’s power grid.This will help cut back on the amount of coal burnt at the power stations that serve the city – and thus reduce South Africa’s production of greenhouse gases.“The project will enable South Africa to earn carbon credits through the Clean Development Mechanism,” the French Embassy said in a statement following the signing of the loan agreement with the AFD in Durban on Tuesday.“These carbon credits will be sold through the Prototype Carbon Fund managed by the World Bank.”The project is one of the first in South Africa to be eligible for carbon credit trading.The AFD, which supports development projects in the fields of energy efficiency, service delivery and job creation, plans to contribute over R3-billion to local projects as part of a recently signed Framework Charter for Partnership between France and South Africa.SouthAfrica.info reporter and BuaNews Want to use this article in your publication or on your website?See: Using SAinfo material
An emotional Chennai Super Kings captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Sunday said it could not get bigger for his side to bag their second title of the year by winning the Champions League Twenty20 title.Dhoni heaped praised on his team-mates for playing as a cohesive unit to bag their second title in five months after winning the Indian Premier League in April.”It is a big moment. We are playing for the last time as a unit. We know some players will no longer be with us after the IPL auction. It is an emotional moment,” he said after his side scored an easy eight-wicket win over Warriors in the lopsided grand finale at the New Wanderers Stadium.”It can’t get better, winning the IPL and now the Champions League Twenty20,” he said.He also gave credit to the team’s success this season to coach Stephen Fleming and the “fantastic” foreigners.”Fleming took over as coach and we wanted to create an atmosphere that was good for the younger players. The senior players have really done a good job. We had some fantastic foreign players like Mike Hussey and Matthew Hayden who had really helped out the youngsters,” Dhoni said.”I am really happy with the performance in the knockout stages. The bowlers had done really well. The pacers have done well but we had banked more on the spinners throughout the tournament. The line that Ravichandran Ashwin bowled with Muttiah Muralitharan was crucial. Laxmipathy Balaji was also very good,” he added.advertisementHe said his side had faced some fitness issues initially but overcame them to win the tournament.The start of the tournament, a few of the players were infected with flu. But we overcame that and lifted the trophy.It was really satisfying,” said Dhoni.”The environment has been superb. We got a lot of support in Durban. It was 50-50 support for both sides here,” he said.Warriors captain Davy Jacobs said his side was disappointed to have lost in the final but admitted that Chennai deserved to win.”We are disappointed but Chennai deserved to win. They beat us twice in the competition and they deserve to win it,” he said.”We got off to a good start but their spinners tied us down. We lost wickets and some momentum and never recovered from there. We couldn’t get over the line but we’re happy to have been in the final,” he added. .Man of the Series, Ravichandran Ashwin, who took 13 wickets from six matches, said CSK’s loss to Victoria in the Super Over he bowled spurred him to play better instead of getting bogged down.”Nothing more special than finishing the tournament with a victory. The match I played (against Warriors in last group match) after that Super Over defeat (against Victoria) was the best of my life this far. I had three days after the Super Over loss and I bounced back,” he said.”Always bowling with Muttiah Muralitharan gives you an edge because the batsmen go after you and that gives you a chance to pick wickets.”Man of the Match, Vijay said he was satisfied with his batting in the tournament as he became the tournament highest run getter with 294 from six matches.”I’ve been working hard, and it’s a great tournament to be part of. It’s an amazing crowd here today and I’d like to thank them for their support,” he said.”After we limited them (Warriors) to 120-odd, we just wanted to go out there and play our natural game. The pitch was a bit on the slower side. Hussey and I just tried to play naturally and did it.”
Some of the most active companies traded Tuesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange:Toronto Stock Exchange (16,330.67, up 79.92 points)Aurora Cannabis Inc. (TSX:ACB). Healthcare. Down 58 cents, or 9.8 per cent, to $5.34 on 12.8 million shares.Bombardier Inc. (TSX:BBD.B). Aerospace, rail equipment. Up 15 cents or 3.31 per cent, to $4.68 on 9.4 million shares.Aphria Inc. (TSX:APH). Healthcare. Down 92 cents, or 9.54 per cent, to $8.72 on 5.69 million shares.Canopy Growth Corp. (TSX:WEED). Healthcare. Down $2.89, or 8.25 per cent, to $32.15 on 5.08 million shares.Cenovus Energy Inc. (TSX:CVE). Oil and gas. Down 50 cents, or 3.85 per cent, to $12.50 on 4.62 million shares.Baytex Energy Corp. (TSX:BTE). Oil and gas. Down 15 cents, or 3.85 per cent, to $3.75 on 4.13 million shares.Companies reporting major news:Hydro One Ltd. (TSX:H). Utilities. Up 23 cents, or 1.2 per cent, to $19.33 on 2.43 million shares. The partially privatized utility named the 10 new members of its board, just over a month after the previous 14-member board resigned en masse following pressure from the newly-elected Ontario provincial government. Former CIBC executive Tom Woods will serve as the interim board chair until the position can be filled permanently.
OSU junior running back Ezekiel Elliott (15) carries the ball while Michigan linebacker Ben Gedeon (42) attempts to tackle him during a game on Nov. 28. OSU won, 42-13. Credit: Muyao Shen | Assistant Photo EditorThe annual rivalry game between the Ohio State Buckeyes and the University of Michigan Wolverines has produced many great and tightly contested games throughout the years. This year’s matchup was not one of those.OSU, after being humbled by Michigan State last week, rushed passed one the nation’s elite defenses en route to a convincing 42-13 victory in Ann Arbor, Michigan.OSU struck first with a seven-yard touchdown run by redshirt sophomore quarterback J.T. Barrett as the Buckeyes claimed a 7-0 lead by the end of the first quarter. Michigan got on the board with a field goal in the second and both teams exchanged touchdowns as the Buckeyes took a hard-fought 14-10 halftime lead into the locker room.The second half was an entirely different ball game, however. OSU scored a touchdown on its opening drive and never looked back. After being bullied all night against Michigan State last week, OSU dominated the Wolverines in the trenches, as the Buckeyes forced their power run game all day. On the day, OSU went through the Wolverines for 369 rushing yards, more than four times the amount it managed against the Spartans (86).Junior running back Ezekiel Elliott, after publicly criticizing the play-calling and his lack of touches in last week’s loss, put forth a herculean effort against a stout Michigan defense. For the game, he rushed for 214 yards and two touchdowns on 30 carries. Barrett also added 139 yards rushing and three touchdowns on the ground to go along with 113 yards and a touchdown through the air.Redshirt senior transfer from Iowa Jake Rudock picked apart the Buckeyes through three quarters as he racked up 263 yards passing and a touchdown, his fourth straight game with 250-plus yards. However, a heavy hit by junior Joey Bosa, a former high school teammate, early in the fourth quarter left him injured and unable to finish the game.Michigan failed to impose their rushing game as it was limited to 57 yards. Sophomore Jabrill Peppers led the Wolverines with 29 yards on seven carries.With the win, the Buckeyes finished their regular season at 11-1, while Michigan ends its at 9-3. With Michigan State’s victory over Penn State, the Spartans will represent the East Division in the Big Ten Championship Game. The Buckeyes and Wolverines, meanwhile, will be sitting at home and watching to see how the College Football Playoff committee evaluates their seasons and selects what bowl games they will represent the Big Ten in during the postseason. By the numbers:2: With his fantastic performance, Elliott has now moved into second in the all-time rushing leader category at OSU, only trailing behind two-time Heisman Trophy winner Archie Griffin.19: Michigan and Ohio State, two of the top five winningest college football teams in the country, have combined for 19 national titles throughout history (eight for the Buckeyes, 11 for Michigan).77: The two programs have combined for 77 Big Ten championships, 35 of which came from OSU.3: Elliott rushed for 214 yards at Michigan Stadium, which is the third-highest total given up to an individual in Michigan football history.42: The Buckeyes lucky’ number against the Wolverines. OSU has now scored 42 points against Michigan in three consecutive games, all victories.482: A week after putting forth one of the worst offensive performances in recent memories, the Buckeyes racked up 482 yards of offense on the road against one of the best defenses in the nation.5: Michigan had only allowed teams in the red zone to score a rushing touchdown on it five times through its first 11 games. Against the Buckeyes, they double that mark with another five.11/12: OSU has now won 11 of the last 12 meetings against the Wolverines, including six of the last eight games played in Ann Arbor.19: OSU has now won 19 straight road games, the longest active streak in college football.2: OSU only officially punted twice against Michigan, the least amount of punts in any game this year.
The Portuguese forward thinks his team is ready to get a win against Italy in the 2018-2019 UEFA Nations League seasonThe Portugal national team is set to debut in the 2018-2019 UEFA Nations League season, but they will have a difficult opponent in front: Italy.The Azzurri already debuted on the competition and salvage a 1-1 draw against Poland in Bologna.And now they will play against the Portuguese in Lisbon.For forward Rony Lopes, Italy is good, but Portugal is better.Serie A Betting: Match-day 3 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Considering there is a number of perfect starts so early in the Serie A season, as well as a few surprisingly not-so perfect ones….“We are confident,” the 22-year-old striker told the media as reported by Football Italia.“The fact Italy drew with Poland gives us even more belief and motivation to top the group. Italy is a good team with good players, but Portugal is ready to win.”“This team has a bright future ahead of it, as there’s a lot of quality and young players happy to learn from the experience of the elders,” he continued.“Cristiano [Ronaldo] is the best player in the world and it’d be a privilege for me to play by his side. It’s not happened yet, but I hope it will do soon,” he said.
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has revealed he will like to return to where he started his managerial career before he calls it quits.The Spanish tactician started his managerial career as the coach of Barcelona’s B team and he insists he would love to return to the side before he calls time on his managerial career.The former Barcelona midfielder took over Barca B in 2007 before becoming coach of the senior side a year later, following the departure of Frank Rijkaard. Guardiola won three LaLiga titles, two Champions Leagues and two Club World Cups in a memorable four years before enjoying similar levels of success with German side Bayern Munich.Now in his third season with the Citizens, he is hoping to defend the Premier League title they won last season with a record-breaking points tally of 100 and has already hinted at staying in England for a decade.However, Guardiola hopes to conclude his career in the dugout in the same place that it started.“My teams are going to try to play how I want,” he said to Jorge Valdano on Universo Valdano.Mourinho knows why City and Liverpool are so far ahead George Patchias – September 13, 2019 Jose Mourinho knows why Manchester City and Liverpool are so far ahead of everyone else in the Premier League.In an interview with the Telegraph,…“I will finish where I started; my final steps will be with youth teams. Hopefully, it will be Barca’s.””Acabaré donde empecé: mis últimos pasos ojalá sean en el Barça”, Pep Guardiola en #UniversoValdano, este jueves a las 21.30h en Movistar Liga de Campeones. pic.twitter.com/H7Mjq6iyqK— La Casa del Fútbol en Movistar+ (@casadelfutbol) September 12, 2018Guardiola has previously ruled out returning to Camp Nou to coach the senior Barca side but has been linked with a possible return as sporting director. His contract with City expires at the end of the 2020-21 season.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, April 13, 2017 – Providenciales – Residents of Long Bay Hills are being urged to stand vigilant against any suspicious activity taking place in the area. The advisory comes from the Long Bay Home Owners Association after one of its residents were accosted by two armed, masked men at his home this morning.Reports say he was returning from an event at around 1.40am when the men approached him, taking his watch and jewelry he had in his possession. He yelled that he had no money on him and to take what they wanted. The loud noise is said to have alerted his wife who dialed 911. The intruders are said to have escaped on foot headed for Long Bay Beach Drive.The association is calling for residents to exercise extra caution if coming home late at night and to notify Dove Security Services immediately if anything appears suspicious or they feel threatened. Officers from Dove Security are said to be cooperating with the police, as a list of vehicles and their number plates that entered and left the Long Bay Hills area during that time frame will be provided.Story by: Kimberly Ramkhalawan#MagneticMediaNews#warningissuedtoLongBayresidents#longbayhomeownersassociation Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:#longbayhomeownersassociation, #magneticmedianews, #warningissuedtoLongBayresidents