MUMBAI, India (CMC):India plan to specifically target explosive opener Chris Gayle in today’s semi-final of the Twenty20 World Cup, team director Ravi Shastri said yesterday.”Bring it on. All our bowlers will target him,” Shastri warned.”I have said this at the beginning. They are probably one of the most dangerous sides in this format,” Shastri said.The left-handed Gayle heads a list of big-hitters in the West Indies side, with the likes of Marlon Samuels, Andre Russell, captain Darren Sammy and Dwayne Bravo all capable of match-winning innings.”They have got explosive players, match-winners. We know what we are up against and we are up and ready as well. This is not a knockout game for us. The knockout was the last game. That was the quarter-final. This is the semi-final.”I still believe we have played only 70 per cent to our abilities in this tournament. There are still areas where we can improve. Let’s hope it happens tomorrow,” said Shastri.”In a semi-final you got to get your ‘A’ game in. You can’t depend on one or two players, you need six, seven players to step up to the plate. It has not happened so far in this tournament. Let’s hope it happens.”
Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ Jo Koy draws ire for cutting through Cebu City traffic with ‘wang-wang’ Truck driver killed in Davao del Sur road accident Scientists seek rare species survivors amid Australia flames LATEST STORIES Green group flags ‘overkill’ use of plastic banderitas in Manila Sto. Niño feast ‘Stop romanticizing Pinoy resilience’ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Ray Parks is back-to-back ABL Local MVP In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew It’s been 10 years since the Lady Tamaraws lifted the biggest prize in UAAP women’s volleyball history and it was back when a certain Rachel Anne Daquis still played in college.Now that the Lady Tamaraws are back in the Finals, Pascua is ready to lead the charge bearing the pride of a school he has called home for the past 26 years.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown“Of course I’m elated because we’re back and the players have worked terribly hard for this and although it’s been so long since we’ve been to the finals but I trust the process,” said the Filipino-speaking Pascua Wednesday in a chat with Inquirer at FEU.“We trusted the process wherein we’ve accomplished this and I’m thankful that it has materialized.” There’s no “prodigal son” narrative around here but George Pascua may just be the chosen one for Far Eastern University.ADVERTISEMENT During the decade-long title drought, the Lady Tamaraws have featured in the semifinals five times and they’ve ventured in the Final Four three straight times from Season 77 to 79.And all those trips ended in early defeats, but Pascua vowed that he would bring an inspiration to his team unlike those before him.Pascua, who won UAAP titles as a player and as a coach for the Tamaraws, said he wants to repay FEU for the trust it gave him since he donned the green-and-gold jersey in the early 1990s.“I promised FEU that I won’t coach our competitors in the UAAP, if I will serve one team it will always be FEU,” said Pascua. “FEU was once, and still, my home so I want to return the investment FEU has given me from the start.”“You can’t just abandon your home, your family. This is my home, this is where I started.”ADVERTISEMENT P16.5-M worth of aid provided for Taal Volcano eruption victims — NDRRMC View comments
AGUA DULCE – Metrolink has determined it could fit a small bridge-and-tunnel crossing into a remote patch of land in Agua Dulce, where residents are warring with a landowner for access to their hilltop enclave. The report from Metrolink to county Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich does not address how the project, which could cost up to $1million, would be funded. Residents of Briggs Road, a community of 14 households in rural Agua Dulce, crossed over the tracks for years until 2004. That was the year access was blocked not by Metrolink, but by the new owner of a property residents once drove through after crossing the tracks. The Metrolink report does not address legal issues surrounding the contested access route. Instead, it focuses on the technical aspects of creating a crossing for the Briggs Road residents, finding that it could be built. Antonovich requested the report from Metrolink. A legal battle continues in civil court between Briggs Road residents and the property owner, Rancho Agua Dulce LLC, which blocked their access to Soledad Canyon Road. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!