• Home
  • Tag: 苏州lf资源分享

No decision yet on oil refinery – Harmon

first_imgThere have been several reports of plans to establish oil refineries at various locations across the country, but State Minister Joseph Harmon has declared that Government is yet to make a decision on the matter. “The question of establishing an oil refinery is still an ongoing discussion; we haven’t made a decision on it at the level of Government,” Government’s Chief spokesperson said at the post-Cabinet press briefing on Thursday.He added that the issue of setting up an oil refinery is not one to be taken lightly and decided upon easily.“These decisions require careful analysis and careful study; and as far as I’m aware, we have not made a decision in that regard — that we are going to establish an oil refinery in any part of Guyana,” he asserted.Minister Harmon explained that there are private citizens and companies that have been expressing interest in establishing oil refineries.“Every week you have these companies popping up, and so I wouldn’t doubt that there is something out there in the public domain; but what I can say to you is that there is no engagement with the Government in that regard insofar as the setting up of an oil refinery in any part of this country (is concerned),” he clarified.Oil refineryThe most recent reports of the establishment of an oil refinery here was made by local company GuyEnergy during the inaugural petroleum summit – GIPEX – that was held earlier this month.Chief Executive Officer of GuyEnergy, Dr Turhane Doerga, had revealed that his company is working on building a modular oil refinery in Linden, Region 10 (Upper Demerara-Upper Berbice).His British partner and Operations Director of the company, Steve Rowan, had stated that the facility would produce fuels for markets both in Guyana and in Brazil using crude oil from ExxonMobil. This facility is expected to have a capacity of 30,000 barrels per day.Construction is scheduled to start at the end of this year, and be completed in 2019 for operation, ahead of first oil the following year. It was explained that the refinery would be operational before the commencement of the 2020 oil production, and as such, crude would be outsourced in the meantime.The cost for building the modular refinery is pegged at just under US$100 million. A desktop feasibility study conducted by Director of Advisory Services at the United States-based firm Hartree, Pedro Haas, had found that it would cost some US$5 billion to build an oil refinery in Guyana, and at least half the invested amount would be lost upon commissioning, with a negative rate of return on investment between US$2 billion and US$3 billion.Haas had stated mid last year that it was not feasible to establish a refinery with a capacity of 200,000 barrels per day when Guyana’s daily demand is between 13,000 and 14,000 barrels per day.However, Doerga had posited that Haas only looked at establishing full-scale refineries and not at modular ones. He explained that the former facility is outdated and catered only for large-scale refining. The GuyEnergy CEO further pointed out that nobody uses large refineries anymore. As such, he could not understand why the government-paid expert did not considered smaller and more efficient modular types used globally in his study.Nevertheless, based on the findings in the feasibility study done by Haas, Natural Resources Minister Raphael Trotman had stated back in October that Government would not be going ahead with constructing an oil refinery. He said Government cannot afford such a large investment, but at the same time, he welcomed such investments by the private sector. In fact, the Natural Resources Minister had said that talks were buzzing about building a much smaller modular oil refinery, and Government is prepared to give favourable consideration that can meet good standards and guidelines.last_img read more

SA animation wins over kids in Brazil

first_img13 August 2013 South African animated 3D movie Adventures in Zambezia won the “best feature for children” award at the 21st Anima Mundi international animation festival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil last week. The award is the latest in a string of successes for the debut feature from Cape Town-based Triggerfish Animation Studios, which followed up with its second feature film, Khumba, earlier this year. Last year, Adventures in Zambezia became the first African 3D feature animation to be nominated – for best music and best voice artist – for the Hollywood-based Annie Awards, the most prestigious in the animated movie industry. It was also named best South African feature film at the 2012 Durban International Film Festival, and best animation at the 2012 African Movie Academy Awards. According to the National Film and Video Foundation, the film has been sold to over 40 territories, and within 12 weeks of its release in five of those territories had sold over 1-million tickets, notably reaching number 2 at the box office in Russia and Germany. On Wednesday, the film will be widely released – at 477 screens – in France, having been snapped up by a French distributor, along with Khumba, at the 2013 Cannes International Film Festival in May. Adventures in Zambezia tells the story of a young falcon that leaves his home and his father in the desert to make a life for himself in the big city of Zambezia – only to find that surviving the urban jungle can be more difficult than living in the wild. Directed by Wayne Thornley, it features an all-star cast including Abigail Breslin, Jeff Goldblum, Leonard Nemoy, Richard E Grant and Samuel L Jackson. SAinfo reporterlast_img read more

Two Artists Use Projection Mapping to Make a Forest Come Alive

first_imgThis film shows the creative potential of projection mapping in organic environments.Most video producers and filmmakers are accustomed to having their finished work projected on a flat screen, but have you ever seen footage projected on organic surfaces? That’s exactly what Friedrich van Schoor and Tarek Mawad did in their art film Projections in the Forest.Instead of using a traditional projection mapping surface like a screen, building or wedding cake, the artists decided to use the rugged and organic surfaces found in the forest, from mushrooms to spiderwebs. The result is an avatar-like image that can only be described as amazing.The film was inspired by a natural phenomenon known as bioluminescence, the emission of light by a living organism. The filmmakers took careful considerations when projecting their video on the forest to play off the natural beauty and shape of the objects in nature, rather than simply project a square image on them.If you haven’t already seen the video here it is:As you can probably imagine, shooting the video was quite a feat to accomplish. In the following behind the scenes video you can see what went into creating this innovative project. The artists had to work day and night to get the perfect shots, while overcoming some challenging obstacles like frogs jumping, lining up the projections, and working with a complicated rig.From the video we can see that Friedrich and Tarek used a combination of Photoshop and After Effects to create the luminescent designs.If you want to read more about Projections in the Forest check out the website that Friedrich and Tarek created for the project. On the website you can read more about how they got the shots, where they drew their inspiration from, how they prepared, and the entire production process.What did you think about this video and technique? Share in the comments below.last_img read more

Will resign as per orders from Cong. top brass: Vikhe-Patil

first_imgMaharashtra’s senior Congressman and Leader of Opposition (LoP) Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil on Thursday termed the comments about his late father made by Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) president Sharad Pawar as one reason behind his son, Sujay, joining the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).Addressing a press conference in the Maharashtra Congress office, Mr. Vikhe-Patil said the decision to resign from the LoP’s post will be taken by the party high-command and not by someone from the State. He said it was his son’s personal decision to join the BJP on Tuesday. He will be contesting from Ahmednagar south seat.“Mr. Pawar’s comment against my father [Balasaheb Vikhe-Patil] was unwarranted. If he despises my family so much, I would rather not campaign for the NCP candidate in Ahmednagar,” Mr. Vikhe-Patil said. It was unfair to comment on someone who is no more, he said. Whether the Congress leader will campaign for other NCP candidates in rest of the Maharashtra is yet to be decided. “We have the election campaign committee, which will decide on who will campaign where. I will do whatever is told to me,” he said. At a press conference in Pune, Mr. Pawar said he had ensured the defeat of late Balasaheb Vikhe-Patil in the 1991 election, as he was contesting as an independent against Congress candidate Yashvantrao Gadakh. Later, Balasaheb Vikhe-Patil approached the High Court against Mr. Pawar and Mr. Gadakh. The HC imposed a ban on Mr. Pawar from contesting the polls for six years. The NCP chief fought against the ban in the Supreme Court and it was later lifted. The Vikhe-Patil and Pawar families have maintained a political feud for decades and Mr. Pawar’s statement three days ago reopened some old wounds. The NCP rejected Mr. Vikhe-Patil’s argument saying Mr. Pawar had not belittled anyone through his statement. “He only stated the facts. There was nothing demeaning in it. It was an order from then Congress president Rajiv Gandhi to ensure the defeat of Balasaheb Vikhe-Patil. As a Congressman, Mr. Pawar followed it,” NCP MLC Jitendra Awhad said. Meanwhile, Mr. Vikhe-Patil dismissed the possibility of his son’s candidature on the BJP ticket affecting the overall performance of Congress and NCP nominees in the State.last_img read more

Kyrie Irving scores 25, Celtics beat Hornets to end skid

first_imgPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Is Luis Manzano planning to propose to Jessy Mendiola? “We have so much depth,” Irving said. “Getting past those things, just egocentric things, this is a chance of a lifetime for us. In order to achieve what we want to, we have to be closer as a team.”The Celtics responded Sunday by scoring the first nine points and never trailed. Boston shot 50 percent and outrebounded the Hornets 47-37.“They just wanted it more. They came out hungrier,” said Kemba Walker, who led Charlotte with 21 points. “They came out on a mission, and they accomplished it.”After a tight first quarter, the Celtics blew it open in the second, starting with eight straight points during a 14-1 run. Boston made 23 of 44 shots in the second quarter and took a 68-47 lead into halftime.The third quarter was more of the same, with Boston opening on a 12-4 run and taking an 80-53 lead when Irving drove for a layup while drawing a foul with 6:57 left in the period.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Andrew Wiggins fires 30, leads Timberwolves past Thunder Celtics: Irving led all scorers with 23 points at halftime, making 8 of 10 shots, including four 3-pointers. … Morris scored 10 points in the second quarter. … Irving had five assists. … Daniel Theis finished with 10 points.UP NEXTHornets: Visit Brooklyn on Wednesday night.Celtics: Host Philadelphia on Tuesday night.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Boston was coming off a 120-107 loss at home to Milwaukee on Friday, which prompted a closed-door meeting in the locker room. The Celtics came out Sunday looking much more like the team that had won eight straight before the skid.“The team meeting was good,” said Marcus Morris, who had 12 points and eight rebounds for the Celtics. “We talked about a few things. Guys understood where other guys were coming from. We just opened up to each other, and I think it was beneficial.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chiefIn addition to clearing the air, the Celtics had Al Horford back in the lineup after he missed seven games with a sore left knee. Horford finished with 10 points and six rebounds.Irving said Horford’s return certainly helped on the court and in the locker room with another veteran voice helping smooth over the recent tensions. The reserves took over in the fourth quarter and all but one Boston player finished with at least three points. Brad Wanamaker was the only member of the Celtics without a point, missing his only two shots in 7:10 of the fourth quarter.STARTING LINESAfter pacing the Hornets through a tight first quarter with 14 points, Walker scored only seven the rest of the way. Jeremy Lamb was the only other starter for Charlotte to score in double figures with 14 points — tying the combined total for the Hornets’ three other starters.Boston’s starters outscored Charlotte’s 70-49.“I think in our overall mentality just wasn’t there tonight,” Charlotte coach James Borrego said. “They were just the more aggressive team. They just looked like the more hungry team tonight.”BIG ALHorford said his knee felt good after playing 19 minutes Sunday, making all four of his shots and adding five assists. Coach Brad Stevens said Horford’s minutes were capped at 20, which was not an issue as he and the rest of Boston’s starters rested the entire fourth quarter.“I’m just happy that I was able to go out there and play with a lot of energy. It’s just good to be back. Sitting on the sidelines is tough, not being able to be on the court and help the guys,” said Horford, who made his 900th career block in the third quarter.TIP-INSHornets: Walker scored 18 of Charlotte’s 47 points in the first half. … Malik Monk had 13 points — all in the fourth quarter. … Willy Hernangomez added 19 points and 10 rebounds off the bench. PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss TS Kammuri to enter PAR possibly a day after SEA Games opening Hotel management clarifies SEAG footballers’ kikiam breakfast issue MOST READ BREAKING: Corrections officer shot dead in front of Bilibid LOOK: Joyce Pring goes public with engagement to Juancho Triviño SEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion SEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion Boston Celtics’ Daniel Theis (27) runs up against Charlotte Hornets’ Devonte’ Graham, right, during the first half of an NBA basketball game in Boston, Sunday, Dec. 23, 2018. (AP Photo/Michael Dwyer)BOSTON — A little internal venting seemed to get the Boston Celtics back on track.Kyrie Irving scored 25 points, Jayson Tatum had 17 and the Celtics ended a three-game skid with a 119-103 win over the Charlotte Hornets on Sunday night.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View commentslast_img read more