• Home
  • Tag: 夜上海纯音乐

Champs Memories!!!

first_imgIt is Champs 1976 and grand showdowns loomed in more ways than one.Everald Samuels’, St Andrew Technical High School’s meteoric rise loomed large.Samuels seemed destined to upstage the reigning 100 metres champion, Balford ‘Bally’ Reid of Kingston College (KC).It was an era when KC harboured the notion that although red, the stadium track was its domain.Samuels and Calabar High had different plans.And so it was also a year when the long reign of KC as Boys’ athletics champions was under severe threat.KC had been victorius for 14 consecutive years, stretching from 1962 to 1975.A year earlier, Bally Reid had set a new mark of 10.4 seconds (hand-timed). But in 1976, Samuels, the high-kneed wonder boy, emerged out of the Bumper Hall-based school hitherto devoid of a reputation in the sprints.On Friday, the first of the two-day event, 40 years ago, both Reid and Samuels cruised through the heats of the 100 metres.Tensions were lifted to fever pitch, however, as the dominant duo drew the same semi-finals race.The stage was set in an arena that was not for the faint of heart.There was silence at the start of the race and noise in between. When it was done, there was a thunderous hush in the section of the bleachers painted ‘purple’.Samuels not only conquered the mighty ‘Bally Reid’, he also equalled the record of 10.4 seconds set by Reid the previous year.A new star was born, underlining the beginning of the end of the long dynasty of the redoubtable KC as Calabar, perennial rivals, rebounded with colour and ferocity for the first time in 15 years to secure the Mortimer Geddes Trophy.Samuels, though, was not done.He was even more dominant in the 200 metres, becoming the first schoolboy athlete to run under 21 seconds (hand-timed).His record 20.9 seconds stood until it was broken by Clarendon College’s Norman Mills in 1979.last_img read more

Manchester City want Toure to stay, Morata agrees Chelsea move and more GOSSIP!

first_imgHere are the top transfer-related stories in Monday’s newspapers…Manchester City are ready to offer Yaya Toure a one-year contract extension. Toure, who turned 34 on Saturday, is out of contract at the end of the season and had been expected to leave after seven glittering years as a Blue. But boss Pep Guardiola wants Toure, who played for him at Spanish giants Barcelona, to stay on for another season. (Daily Mirror)Pep Guardiola has joined the race for Italian keeper Gianluigi Donnarumma. The AC Milan whizkid, 18, has just one year left on his current deal and has told pals he is heading to the Premier League. Manchester United had been leading the chase for the teenager but Guardiola is looking at a move to bring him to City. (The Sun)Jose Mourinho is facing another battle with Manchester United’s Europa League final opponents Ajax as both clubs vie to sign Malmo forward Pawel Cibicki. United are believed to be keen on bringing the Swedish Under-21 international to Old Trafford after scouts continue to monitor his progress. (The Sun)James Rodriguez is keen on a move to Manchester United – but he will only join them if they guarantee him Champions League football. The Real Madrid forward looks set to leave the Bernabeu this summer after falling down the pecking order under Zinedine Zidane. (Daily Express)Alvaro Morata has told Real Madrid he’s leaving to join Chelsea. The Spain international has been linked with a move to the Premier League in recent months and is understood to have informed Real he is heading to Chelsea. (Daily Star)Chelsea winger Willian has pledged his future to the club. The Brazil international has struggled for starts under Antonio Conte this term and is being eyed by Manchester United. But he wants to stay at Stamford Bridge. (Daily Star)Michy Batshuayi could be on his way out of Chelsea – despite scoring the goal which clinched the title. West Ham, who were gazumped by their London rivals for Batshuayi last summer, remain keen on the 23-year-old, while Marseille and Monaco are both interested in taking him back to French football. (Daily Mirror)West Ham are plotting an ambitious move for Napoli winger Dries Mertens. The Belgian has been linked with both Manchester United and Chelsea but is now on Slaven Bilic’s radar. Napoli are desperate to keep Mertens – yet he could be tempted by a £20million summer switch to the Premier League. (The Sun)Burnley manager Sean Dyche has warned the club’s supporters not to expect them to spend big in the summer. The Clarets, one of the season’s relegation favourites, have been making plans for next year since reaching 40 Premier League points. (Daily Mail)Phil Bardsley could be part of a summer clear out at Stoke as manager Mark Hughes plots a squad shake-up. Newcastle, Reading, Hull, Brighton and Sunderland are keen on the full-back. (Daily Mail)Nottingham Forest plan to move for Barrie McKay if the winger’s contract talks with Rangers end in stalemate. Entering the final year of his current deal, the 22-year-old insists he wants to stay with the Ibrox club. However, after rejecting the offer of an extension in February, McKay is able talk to interested clubs from next January if agreement can’t be reached. (Daily Mail)last_img read more