• Home
  • Tag: 上海 油压 龙凤论坛

Regional Tour: McKinstry names squad to face North-East Select

first_img Tags: FUFAJohnathan McKinstryUganda CranesUganda Cranes Regional Tour The Squad features only local-based players. (PHOTO/File)Uganda Cranes Regional TourNorth East Select vs Uganda CranesKatakwi Grounds, KatakwiSaturday, 09-11-2019 @4pmUganda Cranes head coach Johnathan Mckinstry has released his squad for the Men’s national football team’s next engagement.The Cranes are slated to take on North East Select in the Regional Tour on Saturday, November 9th at Katakwi Grounds.The squad was revealed via the Federation of Uganda Football Association website on Monday and it  consists of 21 players who all play in the Uganda Premier League.League defending champions KCCA FC have the most players on the team (7) with URA FC and Vipers SC following closely with 5 and 4 respectively.There have been three surprise inclusions with Wakiso Giants youngster Hassan Ssenyonjo, KCCA FC defender Samuel Kato and URA FC winger Joachim Ojera all on the list.The team will train on Thursday morning at the StarTimes Stadium Lugogo before setting off for Katakwi the following day.The tour is in line with the preparations for the upcoming Uganda Cranes participation in the CHAN Finals and also taking the Uganda Cranes brand to the masses.The squad summonedGoalkeepersCharles Lukwago (KCCA FC), James Alitho (URA FC)Outfield playersPaul Willa (Vipers SC),  Halid Lwalilwa (Vipers SC), Mustafa Kizza (KCCA FC), Revita John (KCCA FC), Kato Samuel (KCCA FC), Paul Mbowa (URA FC), Nicolas Kasozi (KCCA FC), Shafiq Kagimu (URA FC), Hassan Senyonjo (Wakiso Giants), Muzamiru Mutyaba (KCCA FC), Allan Okello (KCCA FC), Bright Anukani (Proline FC), Joachim Ojera (URA FC), Vianne Sekajugo (Wakiso Giants), Allan Kayiwa (Vipers SC), Joel Madondo (Busoga United), Fahad Bayo (Vipers  SC) Ashraf Mandela (URA FC) and Edrisa Lubega (Proline FC)Comments last_img read more

SA targets 1.5m public works jobs

first_img15 February 2012 The South African government aims to create more than 1.5-million job opportunities in the next two years through its Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP), which officials say has proved effective in the fight against poverty. A review of the programme’s funding model, currently under way, is also expected to make it easy for municipalities to access start-up grants to speed up community-based job creation projects. Addressing a media briefing in Cape Town on Tuesday, Public Works Minister Thembelani Nxesi said the review would allow municipalities to receive 40 percent of their allocated EPWP grant as start-up funding even if they didn’t produce work plans, which was previously the case. “We have witnessed major weaknesses in the way the funding model was implemented, so with the review we will be providing technical assistance to the municipality to allow them to use the start-up funding to create the necessary jobs without having to wait,” Nxesi said.Half-a-million jobs in 2011 The EPWP plays a crucial role in government’s job creation drive, with half-a-million jobs created by the scheme in 2011. An estimated 79 000 work opportunities were created through community work programmes. About 1 335 jobs were facilitated by the National Youth Development Agency, which also provided career guidance to more than 5 000 young people in 2011. Nxesi said a third-quarter report, to be released in the next two weeks, would show a further increase in the number of jobs created through the EPWP, mostly in rural communities across the country.Major state infrastructure programme The target of 1.5-million public works jobs by 2014 is said to have been influenced by the infrastructure programme announced by President Jacob Zuma last week. During his State of the Nation address last Thursday, Zuma unveiled plans to expand the country’s infrastructure programme as part of efforts to create five-million new jobs in this decade. Analysts have said the move will allow the state to play a more leading role in employment creation in the face of a weakening world economy and falling company profits. Social Development Minister Bathabile Dlamini, also addressing the briefing, said the emphasis on infrastructure expansion in the State of the Nation address created an ideal opportunity to introduce a labour-intensive approach to development. “It is envisaged that many EPWP work opportunities will be created,” Dlamini said. Source: BuaNewslast_img read more

Man stranded on local train for 18 hours

first_imgA 46-year-old Malad resident survived on sheer faith aboard a stranded local train for 18 hours before being reunited with his family early on Wednesday morning. A Jain by faith, he only had tea on Tuesday morning as he is observing the holy period of paryushan, and went for nearly 24 hours without having anything till he reached home.Amarkant Jain (46), an IT consultant, left his residence on 7.45 a.m. on Tuesday, having had his last proper meal at 6 p.m. on Monday, when the rain was still moderate in its intensity and trains were running smoothly, to deliver a lecture at the V.N. Bedekar college in Thane. He caught a train back home around 12.50 p.m., which reached Kurla before getting stuck in the waterlogged tracks.“The water was knee deep at the time and our train was caught between a boundary wall and another train. As the day passed, the water rose up to waist level and walking through it, especially in the dark was not an option. I kept speaking to my wife Mayura whenever I could, as I also had to preserve my cell phone’s battery, while waiting for help to arrive and also ensuring no one panicked in our compartment,” Mr. Jain told The Hindu.Back home, Mrs. Jain had to ensure her two children and mother-in-law did not panic as well as keep up a steady stream of tweets to draw the attention of the authorities to her husband’s plight.“Deputy Commissioner of Police Samadhan Pawar with the Railway Police, and a woman officer with the control room kept talking to me throughout the night till the water receded and the police could reach the train, which was the sixth in a line of stranded trains,” Mrs. Jain said.Mr. Jain reached home at 7.45 a.m. on Wednesday, 24 hours after he left for work on Tuesday. The Jains said their faith in the system was renewed after the incident.last_img read more

In Haryana, it’s a direct fight between BJP and Congress

first_imgThe two-week-long gruelling campaign for the election to the 90-member State Assembly in Haryana involving a direct contest between the ruling BJP and the Congress concluded on Saturday.A total of 1,168 candidates are in the fray for the election slated for October 21 with the highest 118 from Hisar and the lowest 24 from Panchkula. A total of 1,83,90,525 voters, including 85,12,231 women, are registered in the State with 19,578 polling booths.The BJP, which went into the election with the slogan of “Ab Ki Baar, 75 Paar” (more than 75 seats this time), carried out a high-profile campaign with Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself addressing rallies in seven Lok Sabha constituencies of Faridabad, Gurugram, Sirsa, Bhiwani-Mahendragarh, Hisar, Sonipat and Kurukshetra. Besides, Union Home Minister and BJP national president Amit Shah, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Delhi BJP president Manoj Tiwari also held public meetings.Low profile The Congress campaign, on the other hand, remained largely low profile led by former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda, his son and ex-MP Deepender Singh Hooda and the party’s State president Kumari Selja. With the party’s interim president Sonia Gandhi skipping her lone rally in Mahendragarh, former president Rahul Gandhi ended up addressing two rallies, one each in Muslim-dominated Nuh and Mahendragarh. He attacked the BJP over the current economic slowdown and for allegedly playing politics of “divide and rule”.Rejuvenated by the change in State leadership almost a month before the election, the Congress wove a narrative around the achievements of its government during the 10-year regime of Mr. Bhupender Hooda, the promises made in its manifesto and the plight of the farmers and the traders due to “wrong” policies of the BJP. The ruling party stressed on national issues such as Article 370, National Register of Citizens and the Balakot air strikes, besides highlighting the “clean and transparent” governance provided by CM Manohar Lal Khattar.Though the BJP is likely to ride the current wave of nationalism, Jat and non-Jat divide and the absence of strong rivals, the discontent among its cadre over ticket distribution and infighting could harm the party, especially in South Haryana. Though the BJP has an edge, the contest could be closer than expected, feel analysts.Led by former Hisar MP Dushyant Chautala, the Jannayak Janta Party, formed after the split in the Indian National Lok Dal in December last, remains another important political force with presence in the Jat belt, including Hisar, Jind and Kaithal. The INLD, pushed into political oblivion following the split, AAP, BSP and Swaraj India are the other political parties in the fray.Dangal-fame wrestler Babita Phogat, Olympic medallist Yogeshwar Dutt and former Indian hockey team captain Sandeep Singh are the celebrity BJP candidates. Former two-time CM Hooda, CM Khattar and Finance Minister Capt. Abhimanyu are among the prominent leaders contesting the election.last_img read more

Israel Presents Building Supplies to NEMA for Hurricane Relief

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, October 21, 2017 – Nassau – The National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, received an assortment of hurricane relief supplies donated by the Government of Israel through the Embassy of Israel, during a presentation on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at the Penn’s Building on Tonique Williams- Darling Highway.The supplies will go towards hurricane relief for those residents recently impacted by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.   On hand to receive the items was Chrystal Glinton, Deputy Permanent Secretary, NEMA.  Donated were felt roofing materials, bundles of plywood, shingles and nails, amongst other supplies. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:center_img Pictured from left are Arthur Seligman, Honourary Consul for Israel in The Bahamas; Chrystal Glinton, Deputy Permanent Secretary, NEMA; Alon Lavi, Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of Israel to Belize and The Bahamas; and Chanelle Brown, Head of Economic Trade and Sustainable Development Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (BIS Photos/Raymond A. Bethel, Sr.)For more information call: (242) 322-6081 or OR  (242) 322-6731 OR (242) 376-2042. Or Email: nemabahamas242@gmail.comPress Release: BISlast_img read more

Quader denies allegation of forcing CJ to resign

first_imgRuling Bangladesh Awami League (AL) general secretary Obaidul Quader on Saturday denied the allegation that the AL-led government forced chief justice Surendra Kumar Sinha to leave.“BNP says, it is we who forced the chief justice to resign. From where did the chief justice send his resignation letter? It’s from Singapore. Is there any force like police or any special [Bangladeshi] force there who forced him to resign? Do you believe that?” Quader told a public gathering.Read More: Wahhab Miah to continue to act until new CJ appointedAlso the road transport and bridges minister, Quader was addressing a public rally organised to launch party’s member collection drive at Bhawal Badre Alam Government College ground in Gazipur.“The Appellate Division judges have already asked the president that they will not sit with him [SK Sinha] in the same bench of court. I want to know where the fault of the government is here,” said Quader.The AL general secretary said his party’s arch-enemy BNP could not stay on the streets even for eight minutes in the last eight years.Quader claimed that BNP’s return to power means beginning of arson terrorism and looting as well as the rise of militancy.He said no identified terrorists, extortionists and member of communal force will get berth in the AL.   Read More: CJ Sinha finally quitslast_img read more