• Home
  • Tag: 上海外卖工作室微信

Syracuse announces construction of new indoor practice facility

first_imgConstruction of a new $17-million indoor practice center will begin later this year, Syracuse athletic director Daryl Gross announced Tuesday.The football team will be the primary tenants of the 87,000 square foot facility, but all athletic programs will utilize the center.“This practice center will give our football program, and our other programs, the opportunity to prepare, practice and play amongst the best in the nation, while providing the best possible environment for the development of all of our special student-athletes,” Gross said in a SU Athletics press release. “Like the Carmelo Anthony Center has helped our men’s and women’s basketball programs compete at the highest level, this critical new center will continue our football program’s momentum, and is absolutely essential in our pursuit of top-level student-athletes and conference championships.”The facility will be built at the site currently occupied by the Joseph Vielbig Outdoor Track Stadium. The location of the new practice facility also means a new track facility will be built on South Campus, merging with the current site used for field events.The center’s construction represents the fourth phase of improvements being made to the Orange’s football facilities. Syracuse previously renovated the football wing at Manley Field House, built a new strength and conditioning facility and practice fields, and renovated the sports medicine center.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“This commitment will give our student-athletes a first-rate complex to utilize as we move to the ACC and compete for championships,” football coach Scott Shafer said in the press release. “With our outstanding staff, this building puts us on par or ahead of our competitors in the new league, and will attract and help us develop the kind of outstanding citizens and student-athletes required to win at this level.” Comments Published on February 26, 2013 at 4:47 pm Contact David: dbwilson@syr.edu | @DBWilson2 Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

As A.J. Pollock recovers from infection, Dodgers coach Chris Gimenez can relate

first_img“It’s getting there. I’m able to do more stuff,” he said Friday. “It feels good. Everything feels strong. Just kind of waiting on this thing (the PICC line). The good thing is I’m able to do a lot of stuff now so when it comes out hopefully I won’t have a whole lot to wait. I don’t know. We’ll see.”Pollock said he has spoken with a number of fellow athletes who had to deal with similar infections. He didn’t have to go far to find one with a horror story.Dodgers coach Chris Gimenez was in spring camp with the Chicago Cubs in 2016 when he fouled a ball off his left leg. A bruise developed just above his ankle and his leg became swollen.Days later, the swelling had not gone down and Gimenez woke up feeling as if “my leg was on fire.” He wound up in the hospital with the veins in his leg turning red as the infection spread.“At first, they didn’t know how to stop it,” Gimenez recalled of the doctors’ attempts to treat it with a variety of antibiotics. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error As the infection progressed unchecked, Gimenez’s doctor told him it was possible he might have to amputate his leg to prevent it from spreading through his bloodstream into his heart.“He said, ‘Listen, I’m going to go home for the night. When I get back at 6 o’clock in the morning, we’re going to check this,’ ” said Gimenez, who retired following the 2018 season and joined the Dodgers’ coaching staff this year. “ ‘If this does not go down, we’re going to have to potentially consider taking your leg to save your life.’ ”Gimenez said he “ate a ton of ice cream” that night, his mind racing over the possibilities. In the morning, the infection had not progressed. It slowly began to recede, the doctors finally having hit upon the right medication. By early May, Gimenez was back playing.Pollock will make no predictions about how soon he will be back on the field, saying only that there is a preliminary set of targets but “I’m not there yet.”Things have also changed in his absence. Rookie Alex Verdugo has taken over as the primary center fielder and is playing very well both offensively (a .322 average and .896 OPS) and defensively.“I feel like I’ll be able to help contribute in whatever fashion when I come back,” Pollock said. “It’s a pretty unique opportunity to play for a team like this. We’ve got a lot of baseball left so I’m just trying to get back as quick as I can and try to add to what we already have.”TURNER OUTDodgers third baseman Justin Turner was not in the starting lineup on Friday, his second day off in a row since experiencing some discomfort in his left hamstring while scoring the tying run in Wednesday night’s ninth-inning rally.Turner declined to answer questions about his status Friday afternoon. With Kenley Jansen’s help from a few lockers away, though, he was able to diagnose it as “a barrel-ache.”Related Articles Dodgers’ Max Muncy trying to work his way out of slow start “He’s been getting too many hits lately,” Jansen joked. “His bat needs a rest.”Turner (who hit .341 in May) did go through a light workout under the supervision of a trainer, but he did not do any full-speed running and only limited agility drills.“We just didn’t want it to get to the point of being something serious,” Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said of Turner being held out of the lineup. “We think we got out in front of it and we expect him back soon.”ALSODave Roberts was not at Friday’s game. He was in San Diego attending the high school graduation of his son, Cole. In his absence, bench coach Bob Geren managed the game. Friday was also Roberts’ 47th birthday.UP NEXTPhillies (LHP Cole Irvin, 2-1, 5.60 ERA) at Dodgers (LHP Clayton Kershaw, 5-0, 3.46 ERA), Saturday, 7:10 p.m., SportsNet LA (where available), KTLA/Ch. 5, MLB Network (out of market only), 570 AM LOS ANGELES — There is not an actual black cloud that follows A.J. Pollock around. It has just seemed like that at times.“I’ve had some bad luck,” the Dodgers outfielder said of his latest setback. “I’ve had some great experiences in baseball too. But, man, yeah – what are you going to do? I’ve kind of learned you just keep moving forward whatever the situation is. It’s going to be fun to come back and play for this team. They’ve been a lot of fun to watch.”Pollock has been out for more than a month so far after developing an infection in his right elbow. The infection led to surgery during which doctors removed the plate and screws inserted after a previous elbow injury – one of a series of setbacks that have limited Pollock to 113 games or fewer in four of the previous five years.In order to fully eradicate the infection, Pollock has a PICC line in his left arm delivering antibiotics into his bloodstream. The catheter has to remain in place until June 12 – a six-week course of antibiotics. Pollock had the stitches removed from his right elbow last week, allowing him to increase his workouts.center_img Cody Bellinger homer gives Dodgers their first walkoff win of season Fire danger is on Dave Roberts’ mind as Dodgers head to San Francisco How Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling topped the baseball podcast empire Dodgers hit seven home runs, sweep Colorado Rockies last_img read more

Derek Jeter is the only sure thing on 2020 Baseball Hall of Fame ballot

first_imgFor those of us who are part of the electorate — this is my fourth vote — the confirmation emails went out Nov. 12. To be eligible to vote, BBWAA members have to be an active member for at least 10 consecutive years, with a 10-year grace period for writers no longer active. Previous voting members more than 10 years away from active status can apply for a vote based on their baseball coverage in the most recent season.MORE: Hall of Fame ceremony deserves stage by itselfHere’s part of that email. Based on your qualifications, you have been approved to vote in the 2020 Baseball Hall of Fame BBWAA election. Your 2020 ballot will be sent from Cooperstown on Monday, November 18 to the mailing address you provided through the voting registration process. You must complete, sign and return your ballot in the envelope provided. Your ballot must be postmarked no later than December 31 in order for your selections to be included in the 2020 results.You will have the opportunity to vote for zero to 10 candidates. Any candidate who receives votes on 75 percent or more of ballots cast will be inducted into the Hall of Fame on Sunday, July 26, 2020.It has always been, and always will be exciting to receive that email. So let’s take a look at the players on this year’s ballot, which was officially released at noon ET on Monday. We’ll start with the newcomers. Derek Jeter will be elected, without question, but he’s the only newbie likely to be a part of the class of 2020. After Jeter, guys like Bobby Abreu, Cliff Lee, Jason Giambi present interesting, but complicated cases. All are worth a few years of conversation, at least. From there, players who could receive a few votes but aren’t likely to meet the 5 percent minimum required to stay on the ballot: Alfonso Soriano, Paul Konerko, Josh Beckett, Brian Roberts and Eric Chávez. Also on this year’s ballot, outstanding players who don’t have a realistic shot at winding up in Cooperstown but deserve mention: Heath Bell, Adam Dunn, Chone Figgins, Rafael Furcal, Raúl Ibañez, Carlos Peña, Brad Penny, J.J. Putz and José Valverde.Here are the bios for all the new players  on the Baseball Hall of Fame website. The Post Office for the Village of Cooperstown is across the street from the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum — literally, maybe two dozen steps — and this particular Monday is a special day. The 2020 Hall of Fame ballots are being mailed from the 40 Main Street building today, sent out across the country to BBWAA writers who have the honor and responsibility of voting for the players who will make up the class of 2020.  And now, a quick look at the holdovers. Curt Schilling, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens are all in their eighth year on the ballot — each player gets 10, remember — and each received between 59.1 and 60.9 percent of last year’s vote. All three have Cooperstown-worthy numbers, but all three have likely been held back because of the vague character clause on the ballot. This is Larry Walker’s 10th year on the ballot, and he’s made great strides, up to 54.6 percent of last year’s vote. With the ballot-clearing of recent years — 11 players elected the past three years — Walker stands a legitimate chance of being elected this winter. And here are the other returning players, with their 2019 percentage of the vote and how many times they’ve been on the ballot: Omar Vizquel (42.8 percent, third year on the ballot), Manny Ramirez (22.8, fourth), Jeff Kent (18.1, seventh), Scott Rolen (17.2, third), Billy Wagner (16.7, fifth), Todd Helton (16.5, second), Gary Sheffield (13.6, sixth), Andy Pettitte (9.9, second), Sammy Sosa (8.5, eighth), Andruw Jones (7.5, third).last_img read more

AAP govt to fund pilgrimage of 77,000 senior citizens every yr

first_imgNew Delhi, Jan 9 (PTI) The AAP government today approved a scheme to enable 1,100 senior citizens from each assembly constituency in Delhi to undertake free pilgrimage.It is proposed that a total of 77,000 pilgrims will be able to avail the facility every year under the Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana, the expenses for which will be borne by the government, according to an official statement.The scheme will be for the following routes: Delhi- Mathura-Vrindavan-Agra-Fatehpur Sikri-Delhi; Delhi-Haridwar- Rishikesh-Neelkanth-Delhi; Delhi-Ajmer-Pushkar-Delhi; Delhi- Amritsar-Bagha Border-Anandpur Sahib-Delhi and Delhi-Vaishno Devi-Jammu-Delhi.”The cabinet approved the Revenue Department proposal to begin the scheme titled Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana to enable 1,100 senior citizens from each assembly constituency per year to undertake free pilgrimage,” the statement read.Any resident of Delhi above 60 years of age will be eligible for the scheme and those selected, will be allowed to be accompanied by an attendant above 18 years, whose expenditure will also be borne by the government.The applicant should not have an income of above Rs three lakh per annum and he or she should not be an employee of central/state/local government or autonomous bodies.Those selected for pilgrimage will be covered with an insurance of Rs two lakh each.Travel will be in AC buses through coach tours of DTTDC. Boarding, lodging and food along with pilgrimage will be paid for by the government, the statement stated. Application forms will be available online and can be filed online either through office of divisional commissioner or office of respective MLA or office of Tirth Yatra Committee.advertisementThe selection of pilgrims will be done through draw of lots and the respective area MLA will have to certify the residents as belonging to Delhi, the statement said.Besides, the Cabinet also approved the Directorate of Educations proposal to support school students for excellence in sports in under-14 and under-17 categories.The Delhi government will provide financial assistance to eligible students upto Rs two lakh per year in under-14 category and Rs three lakh in under-17 category.Those preparing to compete in national and international sporting events will be eligible to avail this scheme.Apart from this, the government will provide medical and accident insurance of Rs five lakh each to eligible students.According to the department, at least 600 students in Delhi are likely to be eligible for this scheme and the number could be higher. PTI PLB RTlast_img read more