• Home
  • Tag: 上海后花园VT

BAFFERT’S MCKALE RUNS LIGHTS OUT FROM RAIL AND TAKES $59,000 SANTA ANITA ALLOWANCE FEATURE BY THREE QUARTERS OF A LENGTH

first_imgBAFFERT’S MCKALE RUNS LIGHTS OUT FROM RAIL AND TAKES $59,000 SANTA ANITA ALLOWANCE FEATURE BY THREE QUARTERS OF A LENGTH, GETTING 6 ½ FURLONGS WITH VAN DYKE IN 1:15.65 ARCADIA, Calif. (Jan. 10, 2020)–Idle since Sept. 6, Bob Baffert’s McKale blasted off from his rail post position and was completely dominant in winning Friday’s $59,000 Santa Anita allowance feature by three quarters of a length.  Ridden by Drayden Van Dyke, McKale got 6 ½ furlongs in a rapid 1:15.65.Although he broke a bit sluggishly, McKale was quickly into stride and made the lead easily out of the chute, maintaining a two-length advantage to the quarter pole over Seven Scents and then kept late running Manhattan Up at bay late.“He ran fast, but he’d been working really well,” said Baffert, who indicated McKale would have several options as to when and where he would make his next start.  “We gave him some time (off) and he came back good. He needed a little freshening.”A well beaten fourth in a six furlong allowance at Los Alamitos Sept. 6, McKale, a 5-year-old Maryland-bred gelding by Congrats, was off as the 3-2 favorite in a field of six older horses and paid $5.00, $3.60 and $2.40.Owned by Karl Watson, Mike Pegram and Paul Weitman, McKale, who is out of the Unbridled’s Song mare Lofty Lizzy, collected his third win from 10 starts and with the winner’s share of $35,400, increased his earnings to $132,900.Ridden by Geovanni Franco, Manhattan Up saved ground while next to last at the rail a quarter mile out and finished well as clearly second best. Off at 5-1, Manhattan Up finished 1 ¼ lengths clear of Royal Trump and paid $5.40 and $3.00.Ridden by Edwin Maldonado, Royal Trump, who finished 4 ¼ lengths in front of longshot Pepe Tono, was off at 2-1 and paid $2.20 to show.Fractions, all set by the winner, were 21.97, 44.94 and 1:09.27.First post time for a nine-race card on Saturday is at 12:30 p.m., with admission gates opening at 10:30 a.m. For additional information, please visit santaanita.com or call (626) 574-RACE.last_img read more

Costa Rica income tax revenue drops in 2012

first_imgFinance Minister Édgar Ayales reported Thursday that Costa Rican companies paid less income tax last year.In 2011, business income taxes generated ₡485 billion ($970 million), but in 2012, that amount decreased to ₡461 billion ($922 million).The income tax from the corporate sector represents 75 percent of total income taxes collected in the country.The remaining 25 percent is provided by individuals or professionals. However, the Finance Ministry reported that tax payments by professionals improved last year, with an increase of 31 percent.Ayales also reported that the country’s fiscal deficit was 4.4 percent of gross domestic product in 2012, a figure lower than the 4.8 percent projected by government officials, but which also means that Costa Rica began this year with a debt of ₡1 billion ($2 million). Facebook Comments No related posts.last_img read more