Ex-Manchester City goalkeeper David James believes his former club’s £54m summer signing Kevin De Bruyne has already proved he ‘is worth every penny.’The Belgian playmaker netted a vital injury-time winner against Sevilla in the Champions League on Wednesday night, taking his tally to five goals already in his fledgling City career.The 24-year-old has also contributed three assists in a stellar start to life in England and has emerged as a key player for Manuel Pellegrini in the absence of the injured David Silva.James insists the eye-watering fee City paid for De Bruyne has already been vindicated, while he also reserves credit for another huge summer transfer – Manchester United’s new teen sensation Anthony Martial.Speaking about De Bruyne on the Sports Breakfast, he said: “What a fantastic finish yesterday.“He really is worth every penny. The transfer window has produced two gems for the right price so far.“I must admit I did my homework on Martial on transfer deadline day, and like most people he was unknown to me.“But he’s a tremendous talent. He’s been very versatile and proved he’s a good goalscorer. For his age he’s looking the real deal.”De Bruyne and Martial will go head to head in the first Manchester derby of the season on Sunday – a match you can listen exclusively live to on talkSPORT from 2pm BST.
Everton v Sunderland is live on talkSPORT at 1.30pm on Sunday 1 November.In case you didn’t know, Jose Mourinho and Jurgen Klopp go head-to-head this weekend.Chelsea v Liverpool is the early kick-off, but there are other Premier League games to look forward to.Swansea host Arsenal and Man United travel to Crystal Palace, so to whet your appetite, try these 10 quiz questions.About | Privacy | Terms Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea host Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool how much do you know about their previous meetings? 1
Grzegorz Krychowiak playing against Manchester City this season 1 Manchester City have joined Arsenal in the race for Sevilla midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak.The Poland international was heavily linked with a move to the Emirates in the summer after impressing in La Liga last season.No deal was completed though and the 25-year-old has gone on to shine once again for Sevilla.Krychowiak’s performances have now, according to Marca, led Manchester City to register an interest.While Arsenal were put off by the defensive midfielder’s £20m price-tag, it is reported that City are open to paying such amount.As a result, a deal could be struck as soon as January if Manuel Pellegrini opts to activate the player’s release-clause.
1 Hugo Lloris at France’s press conference with Didier Deschamps France captain Hugo Lloris hopes Tuesday’s friendly against England will be a show of solidarity as well as a chance to “escape” from the drama affecting his homeland.Didier Deschamps’ side made the trip to Wembley despite a series of terrorist attacks which hit Paris on Friday night, while Les Bleus were playing against Germany.That decision came from French Football Federation president Noel Le Graet and, although Lloris admitted to having doubts, he supports it.He said: “The president made the best decision, I think, to play this game.“Of course we are human and we had doubts, whether to play or not, to go home or stay together, but I think it was well managed by the coach and the technical staff.“The last three days were a bit dramatic. We were in mourning all together, we spent some time at Clairefontaine (at the national football academy).“We will try to escape from it for one hour and 30 minutes. There will be a lot of emotion from the players, but it will be a great moment of solidarity.“It will be an opportunity for us to show character and share this moment with all the English people.”France arrived to find Wembley’s arch lit up in the red, white and blue of their national flag, while the words of their national anthem La Marseillaise will be displayed on the stadium screen to encourage English fans to join their visitors in singing it before the game.Regarding the anthem, Lloris said: “We will sing that together and share in that moment.“It will be sung by a great number of English people as well, which will make it stronger.“I know the English very well and I know they’re very respectful as far as this kind of event is concerned. I know they’ll help us to commemorate.“This game is a good opportunity to represent the French nation. The French nation is more important than French football tomorrow.”
1 With Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy scoring 19 and 17 goals in the league respectively, Rooney faces a lot of competition for a starting place.However Hodgson refused to rule out Rooney playing alongside the two in-form strikers, saying he is capable of playing in a number of different positions for the Three Lions.“It depends which system we play,” he continued.“It also depends on the other players at the time and how well they’re doing and how keen we are to get them in the team.“The good thing about Wayne and getting into the team is that he has more than one string to his bow. He can play behind strikers and he can play as an out-and-out striker.”READ: England boss Roy Hodgson tells talkSPORT: ‘This team has enormous qualities and the right attitude – the future looks bright’ A fit Wayne Rooney is a certainty for England’s Euro 2016 squad, manager Roy Hodgson has told talkSPORT.The Three Lions captain is currently sidelined with a knee ligament injury and will miss the friendlies with Germany and the Netherlands at the end of the month.England’s record goalscorer has been out of form this season, scoring only seven times in the Premier League, which has led to speculation whether the 30-year-old is deserving of a place in the squad.Rooney is expected to be back in action for Manchester United in April and if he is fully fit by the time Hodgson names his 23-man squad, he will be on the Eurostar to France, with the England boss stressing how important loyalty to the cause is to him.“Yes I can [say Rooney will be there if fit], because he is our captain, he is our most experienced player,” Hodgson said in an exclusive interview with Drivetime.“He’s not missed one squad of the last eight squads. He has never let us down.“I’m not prepared to say categorically about any players at this stage that they will go but I certainly will dismiss any discussions about Wayne Rooney and whether or not he should go. My only fear is that he won’t recover in time from his injury, but it’s a minor fear.”
A Donegal petrol station has been ordered to close for 24 hours in November after the owner’s conviction for selling marked mineral oil.McD Fuels in Burnfoot has been told to stop trading for one day, on November 10th, next. Owner Damian McDaid was also fined €3,500 after he appeared at Buncrana District Court.Revenue officer Bernadette Murray told the hearing she stopped a woman driving a 4×4 at Ballyderowen, Burnfoot on April 7 last year.The vehicle’s tank was dipped and it tested positive for marked mineral oil, namely a blue dye.The woman said she had just filled her vehicle at McD Fuels, known locally as McDaid’s.DONEGAL PETROL STATION DONE FOR SELLING DODGY FUEL was last modified: September 10th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
5. Gunners to offer Zlatan Ibrahimovi? a two-year contract? – Ibrahimovi?, according to the Daily Star, is keen on ending his career in the Premier League and while Manchester United have been strongly linked, the Gunners are also interested. United are willing to offer the 34-year-old Paris Saint-Germain striker, who is out of contract in the summer, £250,000 per week, but Arsenal are allegedly preparing a lucrative offer of their own. Dream away, Arsenal fans! Arsenal have some work to do this summer.The Gunners have fallen short – again – in the Premier League title race, and supporters are expecting changes at the end of the season.The transfer window could therefore be a busy period, and various names have been linked with a moves to and from north London.So, talkSPORT has taken a look at the latest transfer rumours concerning Arsenal – check them out by viewing the slideshow above. 1. Pep Guardiola asks Manchester City to monitor Theo Walcott? – Read all about it below, then check out four more top transfer stories on Arsenal by clicking the arrow above, right – Incoming Citizens manager Guardiola has, according to the Evening Standard, asked his soon-to-be new club to monitor Walcotts situation at the Emirates. Its understood the England international isnt keen on leaving the Emirates, but has grown disillusioned by his treatment from Arsène Wenger. 5 5 5 5 4. Arsenal to move for Granit Xhaka if move for N’Golo Kante falls through? – The Gunners have reportedly listed Kante as a major summer target, but are unsure on the figure Leicester City could demand given he has been key to their title-challenge this season. If they fail to land the Foxes midfielder, The Sun claim Arsenal will push through a deal for Granit Xhaka, with talks already taking place over a £27.5m transfer. 5 3. Newcastle want full-back Kieran Gibbs? – The Magpies, according to reports cited in the Express, are interested in luring Gibbs to St James Park in the summer. Despite being a bit-part player at Arsenal having fallen behind Nacho Monreal in the pecking order, the Gunners could demand as much as £12m for his signature. Any such move is likely to depend upon Newcastles Premier League survival, however. 2. Arsenal planning move for Chelsea youngster Dominic Solanke? – Solanke is currently on loan at Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem and his future has predictably been called into question. The 18-year-old has one year remaining on his deal at Stamford Bridge, and is reportedly demanding £50,000 per week to extend his stay. Chelsea are unlikely to give into such demands given he is yet to make a start for the senior team, and Arsenal are now said to be considering a move. The Sun claim Solanke would consider a pay cut if hes assured of a role in the Gunners first team.
Eddie Howe has confirmed West Ham’s double bid for Bournemouth duo Matt Ritchie and Callum Wilson, saying the Premier League club’s timing was ‘disappointing‘ and ‘bizarre’.Reports of the offer emerged on Monday evening and it is understood the initial bid lodged by Slaven Bilic’s side stood at around £20million for the attacking duo.West Ham’s season finished at Stoke on Sunday, but Bournemouth had one game to play after their final match was abandoned due to a bomb scare at Old Trafford. Confirming the offers for winger Ritchie, 26, and striker Wilson, 24, Howe said: “We had a bid yesterday evening.“The disappointing thing from my perspective is why the bid has come in a day before a game – our last game of the season.“You have all summer to bid for players, I don’t understand that.“Two players in the squad who are due to play, [with] a lot of speculation around their futures, it was bizarre from this club’s perspective.“The bid was rejected and we have no incentive to sell.”Howe accepted keeping the Bournemouth squad together was always the “biggest challenge” this summer, but believes they head into the break in a position of strength.“We don’t need to sell,” he added. “We have a really ambitious owner.“We want to try and improve our squad, not weaken it.“We are trying to desperately move this team forwards and looking at it the other way, bringing recruits in to strengthen what is already a good group. That’s the summer we hope to have.”
Liverpool have been given a boost in their pursuit of Gonzalo Higuain after Atletico Madrid revealed they are not in the race to sign him.The striker is being linked with a move away from Napoli this summer after scoring a record breaking 36 goals in Serie A last season.Liverpool have scouted the Argentina international, but Atletico Madrid were thought to be after him too.However the Spanish club’s sporting director, Andrea Berta, has now rubbished that talk and insisted he is not working on a deal for Higuain.“At Napoli they can be calm, he will not come to Atletico,” Berta told CRC. 1 Higuain scored a record breaking 36 Serie A goals last season