Barça confirmed Thursday that Neto has a sprained left ankle although he did not report on the low time that the Brazilian will be. However, the substitute for Ter Stegan could stand up to three weeks, which would prevent him from playing round of 16 and quarterfinals in case Barça advanced. Net was injured by falling badly in a jump, but decided to continue with courage (he was cheered by the stands of Can Misses). At the end of the game he noticed that he was injured and the tests confirmed that sprain that will leave him without the option of playing in the only competition that was reserved for him. Eye to the goal in Barça because Ter Stegen comes from dragging a tendinopathy in the right knee that had him out of combat for a month and now he will have to face weeks with intersemanac matches. Doctors should pamper the German to prevent Setien from having a problem under sticks.
Eight young swimmers will depart Jamaica for this year’s Amateur Swimming Association of Trinidad and Tobago Invitational Swimming Championships, a development meet set to run tomorrow through to Sunday in the twin-island Republic. The team will leave Jamaica today to compete at the four-day meet. They will be in search of qualifying times for next year’s Carifta Swimming Championships, which will be held in Bahamas, over the Easter weekend. They are Karci Gibson of Marlins Swim Club, as well as Sage Sinclair, Kyle Sinclair, Jordane Payne, Zaneta Alvaranga and Saamanta Selvon of YSpeedos. Western Jamaica-based swimmers Raina Hutchinson and Kara Hutchinson of Sailfish Swim Academy, located in Montego Bay, will also be competing in the meet. The team will be under the guidance of manager Georgia Sinclair and Ultra Short Race Pace Training (USRPT) certified Rory Alvaranga, who coaches four of the swimmers. “This development meet will expose them to high-level competition, and the experience will be a good one. It will allow them to come and perform personal bests, and just swim fast times,” Alvaranga pointed out. “I tell them to do what they are trained to do, and just have fun.” The coach says the environment will be one of the best to produce some fast swims to make those Carifta qualifying times, using an Olympic style platform starting block. Meanwhile, the Jamaicans will be competing at the six-month-old National Aquatic Centre in Couva, Trinidad. It was completed ahead of the Rio Olympics, meeting all International Federation for Aquatic Sports requirements for international events. The facility has an indoor competition pool, 50m outdoor warm-up pool, as well as a cold-water pool.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. John Petroleum Association’s 54th Annual Oilmen’s Golf Tournament is happening from Thursday, June 2nd to Saturday June 4th.The tournament, which is taking place at the Lakepoint Golf & Country Club, will see over 200 participants in 12 flights tee off for 54 holes of action. Those eligible members of the Association who have not registered can still get their names onto the Waiting List. Registration is happening on Wednesday, June 1st at the Curling Rink until 9:00 P.M.- Advertisement –
A computer system utilized by the RCMP is going to cost the city twice the amount it was previously paying.The information-sharing program allows officers to work together and share data relating to investigations. Councilor Lori Ackerman says City Council was just informed of this change in a letter from Solicitor General Kash Heed. – Advertisement -[asset|aid=1999|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=f9d18a6a989c26682c46aedd25c53b00-Ackerman – Police 2_1_Pub.mp3]The mandatory system is called Prime B.C. and is used by more than 9,000 officers across the province. The fee is based on population. Fort St. John pays 90% of the fee, because there are more than 15,000 residents in the city.It may sound like a small number, but Fort St. John has a crew of around 32 officers. So it’s going to cost the City $32,000 compared to the $16,000 it cost last year. This money is generated out of the operating budget. Advertisement Councilor Ackerman and Mayor Bruce Lantz spoke to Heed at the Union of British Columbia Municipalities Conference two weeks ago. [asset|aid=2000|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=f9d18a6a989c26682c46aedd25c53b00-Ackerman – Police 1_1_Pub.mp3] The city spends a large chunk of its operating budget on the RCMP.Now, the City will be consulting the RCMP, and sending a letter to Kash Heed in the upcoming days.Advertisement
Negotiations between the City of Fort St. John and the BCGEU will resume tomorrow at 1 p.m. BCGEU members have been on strike since Monday July 20.Job action by the BCGEU will continue throughout the negotiations.- Advertisement –
0Shares0000Danilo joined Real Madrid from Porto in 2015, but started just 17 league games for the European champions last season © AFP/FileLONDON, United Kingdom, Jul 23 – Real Madrid right-back Danilo completed his move to Manchester City on Sunday, the Brazilian joining Pep Guardiola’s Premier League giants on a five-year contract.The 26-year-old will now link up with City on their pre-season tour of the United States after agreeing personal terms and passing his medical. “There has been strong interest from other clubs, but it has always been my ambition to play for Pep Guardiola,” Danilo told his new club’s official website.“As soon as I heard of his interest, I knew immediately I wanted to be a City player,” he added.His departure from the European champions had been confirmed by Real boss Zinedine Zidane on Saturday on the eve of his team’s meeting with Manchester United in California.According to the BBC he moves to Manchester on a £26.5 million (29.5 million euros) deal.Guardiola had made full-backs his top transfer priority in the close season having released Pablo Zabaleta, Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna.Danilo links up with City’s new recruit Kyle Walker, the Tottenham defender who signed a five-year contract for a fee that could rise with add-ons to £54 million (61m euros) this month.Danilo, who joined European champions Real in 2015 from Porto, started just 17 Spanish league games last season with Dani Carvajal often preferred in the right-back role.The Spanish international started ahead of Danilo in the Champions League final in Cardiff as Real Madrid beat Juventus 4-1 to lift their 12th European Cup.Real are due to face City in Los Angeles next week.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
0Shares0000Mathare United are back at the top of KPL after beating Nakumatt 3-2 PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Apr 4 – Mathare United returned at the summit of the Kenyan Premier League table after seeing off cash-strapped Nakumatt FC 3-2 in a mid-week match hosted at the Ruaraka Ground on Wednesday.The win saw Mathare sit on 20 points, one ahead of defending champions Gor Mahia, who have two games in hand as they prepare to face South African side SuperSport United in the CAF Confederation Cup playoff. Mathare, who entered the clash after edging out Chemelil Sugar 1-0 on Monday, continued with their winning streak when they took an early lead through Cliff Nyakeya one minute after kick-off.Nyakeya, who is on a scoring spree, perfectly connected inside the box from a Martin Ongori cross from the right flank, but a hard fighting Nakumatt restored parity from spot thanks to a well converted kick from experienced Donald Mosoti in the 22nd minute.The two sides wasted chances for the last 20 minutes to half time with Mathare keeper Robert Mboya saving Clinton Kisyavuki shot while on the other end, Clifford Alwanga saw his overhead kick collected by the Nakumatt custodian, Franklin Mwenda.Both sides headed to the break tied 1-1, but it is favourites Mathare United, who returned stronger in the second half, netting two more goals.Mathare United head coach Francis Kimanzi.Two minutes into the second half time, Francis Omondi made Nakumatt pay for their defensive blunder when Mathare captain, George ‘Wise’ Owino was pushed down in the box by Mosoti for Omondi to convert the penalty, sending the keeper the wrong way.In the 50th minute, Nyakeya could have grabbed a brace but he was denied by the right side of the post after the keeper was well beaten.After missing several chances, Alwanga finally found the back of the net in the 57th minute with a super finish after smashing home from the inside foot having picked Ongori’s measured cross.Nakumatt netted a second goal in the stoppage time courtesy of Donald Mosoti’s penalty. This is after Ongori fouled Kisyavuki for a high takle.Nakumatt are placed at the relegation zone with six points, having won only one match, drawn three and lost five.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
0Shares0000Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger attends a training session ahead of the Europa League semi-final against Atletico Madrid© AFP Ben STANSALLLONDON, United Kingdom, Apr 25 – Arsene Wenger admitted Wednesday that the timing of his departure from Arsenal after more than two decades as manager was not his call.The 68-year-old Frenchman — who guided the Gunners to two domestic doubles and masterminded the 2004 “Invincibles”, as well as winning a record seven FA Cups — will hand over the reins to a new manager after this season. Wenger announced on Friday he would be stepping down a year before the end of his contract after another failure to sustain a Premier League title challenge.The club, in sixth place in the league, are desperate to win the Europa League as a way back into the Champions League next season.Wenger, speaking to the press ahead of Thursday’s semi-final first leg against Atletico Madrid, made it clear he had not been in charge of his destiny.“The timing was not really my decision,” said the Arsenal boss, who added that he did not envisage retiring from the game.“At the moment I do my job, keep my routine and focus on what I have to do every day,” added the Frenchman, who is targeting his first European trophy.“At the moment I work like ever. You are never sure you do the right thing, but life is interesting because you have to deal with different situations. People want to know what the future is about, for me that is completely normal.“I honestly don’t know what I will do. Will I take a little rest? I will continue to work, that is for sure. At the moment I’m not ready to commit to anything else.”Wenger said he would have no say as to who succeeds him but spoke highly of former Barcelona coach Luis Enrique.“I don’t want to influence the next manager, but of course I have a high opinion of Luis Enrique.”Wenger, who revealed former rival Alex Ferguson called him on Tuesday, said he wanted a Hollywood-style ending for the players more than for himself.“Is there a perfect goodbye? I don’t know. I just want to do as well as I can,” said Wenger. “This group of players deserve something special and I want to do it for them, to achieve something with them.“My biggest satisfaction would be to be successful with the players we have.”Wenger will go into his final European home game as Arsenal boss with the boost of having Mesut Ozil, Jack Wilshere and Petr Cech available.The trio missed the weekend win over West Ham with minor problems but all trained on Wednesday.Wenger is also hopeful that Henrikh Mkhitaryan could recover from a knee injury to feature in the second leg in Madrid next week but Mohamed Elneny is out for the rest of the season.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Harry’s RestaurantHarry’s Restaurant in Bridgend has been named the Irish Times restaurant of the Year for 2014.The restaurant beat off stiff competition from eating houses across the country to win the award.This is what food critic Catherine Cleary said about the famous Inishowen eaterie. “It was a tussle between two excellent contenders but the title for 2014 goes to Harry’s Restaurant on the Inishowen Peninsula in Donegal for what they’re doing with food and where they’re doing it. The Wild Atlantic Way has a wildly good restaurant in this partnership between chef Derek Creagh and owner Donal Doherty. They serve just-landed fish from local boats alongside just-picked vegetables from one of their three gardens. Irish restaurant dining doesn’t get better than this and they’re selling it a prices that are jaw-droppingly low.”DONEGAL RESTAURANT NAMED IRISH TIMES RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR was last modified: January 3rd, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:bridgenddonegalHarry’s RestaurantInishowenIrish Times
11 October 2006The French Development Agency (AFD) is to contribute a loan of between R60- and R70-million to the eThekwini (Durban) Municipality for a project to generate electricity through the fermentation of household waste.The project is expected to generate up to 10 Megawatts of electricity – enough to illuminate about 9 000 homes – from landfill sites at the three Durban suburbs of Bisasar Road, Mariannhill and La Mercy.Gas recovery wells and generators are currently under construction at the three sites, where methane released by the waste will be converted into electric power by generators and fed directly into the city’s power grid.This will help cut back on the amount of coal burnt at the power stations that serve the city – and thus reduce South Africa’s production of greenhouse gases.“The project will enable South Africa to earn carbon credits through the Clean Development Mechanism,” the French Embassy said in a statement following the signing of the loan agreement with the AFD in Durban on Tuesday.“These carbon credits will be sold through the Prototype Carbon Fund managed by the World Bank.”The project is one of the first in South Africa to be eligible for carbon credit trading.The AFD, which supports development projects in the fields of energy efficiency, service delivery and job creation, plans to contribute over R3-billion to local projects as part of a recently signed Framework Charter for Partnership between France and South Africa.SouthAfrica.info reporter and BuaNews Want to use this article in your publication or on your website?See: Using SAinfo material